Beginning in January 2010, my husband and I began a monthly dinner night with another couple we’ve known for years. The rules for 2010 are:
- Each month had to have theme beginning with the first letter of the month corresponding to a country, e.g. Jamaican January.
- The couple who is hosting must do all the cooking from scratch.
It is almost December 2010 and I wish I had started this blog earlier because I would have liked to keep track of all the recipes we made! I may just go back and add them, as I think most of them are in my husbands bookmarks folder. Here’s what we did for 2010:
- Jamaican January
- French February
- Moroccan March
- Armenian April
- Mexican May
- Japanese June
- Jordanian July
- Argentinian August
- Spanish September
- Italian October (Oman is the only country beginning with “O” and all of us decided it was time to break a rule.)
- Nepalese November (We broke another rule here and ordered take out. It was amazing!)
- December – because the holidays are so busy, we took this month off.
Pingback: Life is Peachy! « Pepper and Planes
Pingback: Hawaiian June « Pepper and Planes